Neurologist in Siliguri
Neurologists are the specialists who treat diseases of the brain and spinal cord, peripheral nerves and muscles. They can assess, diagnose, manage and treat chronic conditions that can affect your nervous system. As the nervous system has two parts, central and peripheral nervous system, it has a bit of complex nature so the treatment can vary according to each neurologist. There are more than 600 neurological conditions around the world where condition like, Degenerative nerve diseases can be serious or life-threatening. It depends on the type. Most of them have no cure. But some treatments suggested by the Neurologist in Siliguri, may help improve symptoms, relieve pain, and increase mobility.
Your Guide Towards The Best Neurologist In Siliguri
What are the major neurological disorders?
Huntington's disease and muscular dystrophy, spina bifida, Degenerative diseases, such as Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease, Diseases of the blood vessels that supply the brain, such as stroke, Injuries to the spinal cord and brain, Seizure disorders, such as epilepsy, Cancer, such as brain tumors, infections, such as meningitis etc.
Symptoms experienced during neurological diseases
Although signs and symptoms may vary according to the types of existing neurological diseases, these are the most common symptoms if we generalize them all-
Persistent or sudden onset of a headache, loss of feeling or tingling, weakness or loss of muscle strength, loss of sight or double vision, memory loss, impaired mental ability, lack of coordination, muscle rigidity, tremors and seizures, back pain which radiates to the feet, toes, or other parts of the body, muscle wasting and slurred speech, new language impairment (expression or comprehension) etc.
The symptoms of a nervous system disorder may look like other medical conditions or problems; therefore you have to see the best neurologist in siliguri for further diagnosis before jumping into any conclusions.
Diagnostic tests for the neurological conditions
CT scan, Electroencephalogram (EEG), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Electromyography (EMG), Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV),Positron emission tomography (PET),Arteriogram (angiogram), Spinal tap (lumbar puncture), Evoked potentials, Myelogram, Neuro sonography and Ultrasound (sonography).
First you will have to provide your medical history and you will be directed for these physical tests by the neurologist in siliguri.
Treatments for neurological diseases
These treatments are available in Manokamna Hospital for your neurological defects. First you will be tested by Neurologist in siliguri who may further recommend you to get treatment from a neurosurgeon. Then you can proceed for treatments with the help offered to diagnose the proper disease by the Neurologist in Siliguri.
- Craniotomy surgery: A craniotomy is the surgical removal of part of the bone from the skull to expose the brain. Specialized tools are used to remove the section of bone called the bone flap. The bone flap is temporarily removed, then replaced after the brain surgery has been done.
- Ventriculoperitoneal Shunt: A ventriculoperitoneal (VP) shunt is a medical device that relieves pressure on the brain caused by fluid accumulation. VP shunting is a surgical procedure that primarily treats a condition called hydrocephalus. This condition occurs when excess cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) collects in the brain's ventricles.
- Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery: Endoscopic Endonasal surgery is a minimally invasive technique that allows a surgeon to go through the nose to operate on areas at the front of the brain and the top of the spine.
- Spine Surgery: This is performed when spinal stenosis causes a narrowing of the spinal canal which results in pain, numbness, or weakness.
- Neuroendoscopy: A minimally-invasive surgical procedure in which the neurosurgeon removes the tumor through small holes (about the size of a dime) in the skull or through the mouth or nose.
Even though there are major complications faced during the tests and treatments of neurological diseases, it is an appreciated fact that neurologist in siliguri truly tries to find and cure the diseases.